Monday, June 18, 2012

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon Book Review

Title: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
Author:
Edition: First Vintage Contemporaries Open-Market Edition
Released Date: April 2004
ISBN: 1400077834
Format: Mass Paperback Awards: Whitbread Award Winner

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon. Borrowed from Janelebert.

Partial Book Summary: Incident of the Dog

The book tells the story of Christopher John Francis Boone, an unusual child. The story starts with a dead poodle with a fork stabbed on it. The poodle was Mrs. Shears’, their opposite neighbourhood. Christopher found the dead dog and pulled the fork and he is later found by Mrs. Shears then by a police. The police touch Christopher and Christopher hit the policeman because he doesn’t want to be touch by anybody. They then went to police station. His dad Ed arrives and fetch Christopher back home. Christopher decided to investigate but his dad told him to stop looking on anyone’s business . . . Christopher persisted to investigate and decided to write a book about his upcoming investigation.

For more plot and summary, go Google.

Characters:

  • Christopher John Francis Boone
  • Ed Boone
  • Judy Boone
  • Siobhan
  • Mr Jeavons
  • Mr Roger Shears
  • Mrs Eileen Shears
  • Mrs Alexander
  • Wellington
  • Reverend Peters
  • Rhodri
  • Toby
  • Julie

Awards and other Citations:

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time won Whitbread Book of the Year (2003) and Commonwealth Writers’ Prize (2004) for Best First Book.

Book Review:

Haddon successfully portray the child’s perspective view of life with Christopher on this book. The child has a unique behaviour that I can say very normal than any human nowadays. I’m very thankful to Janelebert who lend me this book – you know what I can say, I just read a very interesting story. A story you can read with one sit, for four hours because of its goodness.

I recommend this book to anyone who might want a new taste of genre. By the way, the story is a first-person perspective and you may find the story weird at first but later you will find out that the child has a kind of condition (behavioural disorder? I don’t think, I’m judging the normal life the child has). Anyway, just read the book and see.

Thanks!


Buy Mark Haddon’s Book at Amazon.com:








2 comments:

  1. Thanks for dropping by. I visited your blog and it would be much cool if you place pictures to your post.

    Hope you would want to read the book I reviewed here.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! Good job!

    Re your comment: your msg reli made me smile. I'm honestly nt good in writing article. Hehe. Bt I do appreciate ur offer, thu I dnt mind working dat far bt I dnt think I have what it takes. Bt thank you. Reli.

    ReplyDelete