Monday, June 17, 2013

Career Civil Service Sub-professional & Professional Book Reviewers

What is Career Civil Service (CSC) Examination?
It's a pencil-and-paper test conducted by Civil Service Commission (CSC) in the Philippines for the purpose of readying aspiring takers to get into government service. Government offices in the Philippines are mostly requiring applicants to have this exam, passed.

When can i take the CSC exam?
The test holds two times per year. For this year, the examination dates April 14, 2013 (ended already) and October 13, 2013. The period of application for October exam already started April 15, 2013 to August 30, 2013.

Where can i take the test?
CSC will inform the applicant or will send you the "Notice of School Assignment". Examinations are to be taken on the assigned public elementary schools.

How much is examination fee?
It will cost you 500.00 pesos.

For more information not answered to this post, you may visit their site here: http://excell.csc.gov.ph/cscweb/geninfo_cse.html



Based from Experience

I took the CSC examination back year 2010 and unfortunately, I didn't passed because i didn't reviewed much back that time. I thought the exam would be easy like a simple IQ test but it is NOT.

Is there a reason for you or me to take the CSC exam? Back the time i finished my college (circa 2010), CSC exam was a requirement. Yes, I may need it because I'm job hunting. It's a need to qualify for a job in Government office. Luckily, upon receiving the failed result of my exam, I already landed a job in a private company where I still work as of today.

Though I'm working in a private company now, I'm still going to retake the CSC Examination. There's an urge inside me to retake the exam. Maybe, I just want to achieve something or maybe i just want to support our Government (now, i'm getting nationalistic but no).

Next, I'll discuss the book reviewer I'm using.

Recommended Book Reviewer for Sub-pro & Professional Takers:

Book Title: MSA™ Civil Service Reviewer for Professional and Sub-Professional Levels
Edition: The New Millennium Edition
Authors: Merle S. Alferez, Amacha A. Feliciano
ISBN: None
Price: ₱225.00 in National Bookstore, Philippines
Comment: This is the first reviewer i bought back year 2010. I haven't answered all the questions in this book and one factor why i failed the test. The publisher of this book actually has an establishment - a review and a training center in 315 Katipunan Avenue, Loyola Heights, Quezon City, Philippines 1105. (see below the front cover of the book)

MSA Civil Service Reviewer (2010) - published with quality

MSA Civil Service Reviewer (2010) - sneak peek
What i like about the MSA CSC reviewer is their high-quality paper and good printing. The choices in the test questions are shade'able.



Book Title: Career Civil Service Sub-Professional & Professional Reviewer
Author: Arellano V. Busto
Publisher: A. V. B. Printing Press
ISBN: 97189-6103-8
Price: ₱275.00 in National Bookstore, Philippines
Other Inclusion: with CSC Form 100 for applicant to fill up
Comment: This is the second reviewer i just bought last month. I thought my first reviewer is lost but I found it eventually in my bookshelf (my poor eyesight). Anyway, It's still a good thing i bought it because it's aimed for 2013 exams. (see front cover below)


Well, compare to MSA reviewer which will show you ahead the questions in the next 3 pages, this book by Busto is a comprehensive one. It tells you first everything about CSC (not the answers of course). It's very informative and the context sounds like the author came from a Government office, If you know what i mean. (see pictures below)

CSC Reviewer by Busto (2013) - he added the 10 Commandments, really

CSC Reviewer by Busto (2013) - informative

CSC Reviewer by Busto - additional commandments in the rear cover 
The con of Busto's CSC reviewer is that the included Form 100 is poorly attached. (see below)

CSC Reviewer by Busto (2013) - Free Form 100 is Poorly Attached

I detached the form carefully but the Form 100 is, the margin of it is bounded. So how careful i try, It will mess up. I actually checked the other copies in National Bookstore and some of them are poorly attached too.

If you will ask me which one to buy, I would still buy the book by Busto because of its comprehensiveness and full of details about taking the exam (never mind the attached Form 100, I can download the form from CSC site anyway).

As for the contender, I checked the latest MSA reviewer in National Bookstore and the book is still straight-forward. Anyway, the CSC site is there to check for information.

Here's my tip for you about buying these book reviewers, If you have a friend who will also going to take the exam, set a condition with him/her. He/she may bought the MSA reviewer while you bought the reviewer book by Busto. When both parties are done answering their book, exchange or trade books to try-out the other.

Hope my tips helps.

Good luck to all of us on taking the October CSC exam.

Thanks!

32 comments:

  1. Thank you for your blog. I was able to know which book will I buy since I'm choosing between the two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. tnx nwey for a kind Info.. (anonymous) It seems the hardest but really exiting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll try the book of Busto, hope your tips will pass us the CSc

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi "AnonymousAugust 25, 2013 at 3:26 PM",

      Moreover, since you posted your mobile no. publicly, I am concern about your privacy so i need to delete your post.

      Thank you.

      Delete
  5. Hi "AnonymousAugust 25, 2013 at 3:26 PM"

    I'm sorry, I can't address your request. The authors of those books may sue me for illegal distribution.

    The two books mentioned in my blog post are available at most National Bookstore branches. They're still selling the old edition of MSA reviewer mentioned in this blog. I suggest you buy the newest edition if you opt to buy the MSA one.

    Say, the National Bookstore branch doesn't have those books, inquire to them, they will call the other branches to transfer the item on their store. I believe they will as they accommodated me about issue on item stocks before.

    You still have a month to prepare :)

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck for all those who commented in this post.

    I hope all of you will passed the exam and get a good career in the Government office.

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we hope those reviewers will make us to pass our exam. since we need in our career.Thank you very much

      Delete
  7. http://csc.juanpinoy.com/2012/03/cse-reviewer-compilation-2012.html <--free civil service exam reviewers

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a soft copy of the MSA Reviewer recommended above, You may visit www.hreric.com or www.erictutorcabalda.com to download. There are other downloadable reviewers as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. nakabili na ko nyan kanina! buti tama yung poinili kong reviewer yung isam aganda din yung kulay violes from msa sana mag works hirap kasi ako sa vocabulary and lack of vocabulary ehh

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for the info..it helps a lot.. Godbless

    ReplyDelete
  11. i check sana ulit mga answers dito.may mga mali.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could you share it to us, please? Wrong answers from book by Busto or MSE book?

      I no longer reviewing. Sharing it would greatly help exam takers.

      Thanks in advance!

      Delete
  12. so did u pass the exam?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. I didn't registered for this year's exam. I just got a new job offer from a private company, just recently. Given the case, I have no plans to work for gov't as of the moment.. :D

      Delete
  13. I also like to suggest (www.civilservicereviewer.com). It is also a great site for those who are planning to take the civil service examination for Professional and Sub-Professional Levels. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. someone here can help me get a PDF file for that book of Arellano V. Busto thank you for the replies

    ReplyDelete
  15. i will take cse this april 2014, meron po ba kayong maisusuggest na PDF reviewer ?? or murang mpagbbilhan ng pang review salamat

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aq din ma eexam this april gdluck to me.....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good day sir. pwdi ba idownload ang book na ito??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hindi po. Marahil ang isa sa komento dito ay makatulong sa'yo, sa iyong paghahanda at pag-aaral sa iyong CSE. Salamat :)

      Delete
  18. I pass the exam 91.5%. its a hard exam...you must focus on reading and answer right away..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pano ba ako mag order ng reviewer na ito? pa help aman thanks

      Delete
  19. how to order po? kailangan ko po to para may mareview for this two months before the exam this august po..thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sa National Bookstore ko po siya nabili. Meron silang bagong version.

      Delete