Saturday, October 18, 2014

Book Hunt Adventure October 2014

I don't usually post something about how i buy books because it's a buy & sell technique, a secret. Also, Literateknolohitura site is not primarily an online book store. This site is a book review site. If you want to buy books, kindly LIKE our Facebook page at Literateknolohitura - Book Collections & Reviews.

View this on Otakore's Instagram




Every time i'm returning home from work, I pass by a known mall in Taguig City - named Market! Market! The said mall is always my route to the transport terminal. That day last week, upon entering their Ground floor hall, there were stands and people are crowding then ransacking. There's a book bargain sale!

Because i'm a bibliophile, I enjoyed the day looking for books with certain value. As an experienced marketer / advertiser, I know if an item will sell and will not. So, I looked for caboodle of books. I targeted Hardcovers. Saw authors of books by Stephen King, Michael Crichton, Stephenie Meyer and Eoin Colfer. I checked the price, they're around 100.00 - 200.00 php. but not for Eoin Colfer's Artemis Fowl - The Lost Colony (Hardbound). Guess what's the price? It's only 60.00 php.! Note, It's in good condition and little dents on the edge of the cover.

Artemis Fowl - The Lost Colony (Hardbound | Deckle Edge)

I bought the book and got home happily. By the way, the name of the book bargain stand is "Books & Mags" and they're not a permanent store. They will be operating there til October 30, 2014 as per the lady cashier.

Next books we've hunted are Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events. Back in my High School days, I bought only three of Lemony Snicket's ASOUE books from National Bookstore. The price is expensive for a fancy hardcover book. I know, they're young adult books and i'm wanting to collect them back in my HS days but couldn't afford to buy the rest. Since i'm already a working man, I want to continue the collection.

I couldn't remember how i stumbled upon SoftpagesCharima OLX.ph page but the moment i saw the prices, I texted the owner immediately, telling him i will buy all of them. In average, cost per each ASOUE is 100+ php. Book 2, 3 & 4 are in very good condition and the rest are in good condition. Note: cost of each ASOUE in local bookstore are around 450.00 - 650.00 pesos brand new.

A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snickets Book 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 11, 12 & 13

Actually, I was hesitant to transact with Mang Mar (owner of SoftpagesCharisma) because of some negative feedbacks to him in OLX.ph. But weighing the feedbacks found in his OLX page, positive weighs more than negative ones. So, I continue transacting with him. Today, October 18, 2014, I got the above ASOUE books happy again :)

Further notes about SoftpagesCharisma: with our small talk upon our meet-up, Mang Mar formerly owned an actual book shop named Charisma around UP. He closed the shop because it's not profiting anymore and taxes is ridiculously high for a book shop business. I agree with him and said "ninanakaw lang ng mga Senator at Napoles yung buwis eh". All-in-all, he's a nice guy contradicting the negative feedbacks found in his OLX page.

Last but not the least, I spotted this book from RJ Malubay's auction post on Facebook (she's the owner of Aklatan online book shop in Facebook). Certainly, this book is a deal! I researched this edition of the book before and this is the most bought. Her starting bid is 200.00 php with 10 pesos increment per bid. I'm planning to spill my money up to 250.00 pesos but fortunately, no one is bidding but only me! I got the book for only 210.00 pesos! Not sure if most of the book readers there are super fed with Wattpad books (in the group of book sellers where she posted the auction). They just miss this legendary book:

Lord of the Rings - Return of the King (published by Houghton Mifflin)

The book is in very good condition. The map is still in-tack. And look at that engraved evil eye (see above). The Lord of the Rings published by Houghton Mifflin can be bought as a set for 2,599.00 pesos, brand new, at FullyBooked (see sales here). Given the case, I saved 656.33 pesos with buying The Return of the King from her :D

More Notes: RJ Malubay of Aklatan is a girl.

Thank you for reading!

-
Otakore Literantadodist


8 comments:

  1. The books were practically a steal! Do you have a picture of your bookshelf? Nakakacurious kung gaano na karami hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice collection! I still prefer reading and holding a "real book" than downloading it on the internet and read it via ebook. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer the same. Having a real book in your hands gives it more of sentimental value and I like the smell of them :)

      Delete
  3. My friend Jerwin would love to know all about this. :) Do you have an idea when this sale would end? thanks ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put some of them to my personal collection and some to sales listing. You can find some of my sales at https://www.facebook.com/Literateknolohitura

      Hope you share it with your friend. We're currently having a Bundle Promotion. Bundled books at a cheapest price. Limited time only.

      Thanks! :)

      Delete
  4. Great finds and good deals! I'm a book hoarder and I usually go to Booksale Bookstore. But I think I've come across the Books & Mags once, I just couldn't remember where. I fear buying online because there are so many scammers now that I don't want to waste any money. I'm too afraid. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! We actually have a small online book shop at https://www.facebook.com/Literateknolohitura

      Check it out. We currently have a limited time bundle books promotion.

      Thanks! :)

      Delete